Home Babes About


Sushi Parasites?!

How to Enjoy Sushi Without Getting Infested With Parasites

People are freaking out about a recent story where a man who ate sushi ended up with a stomach parasite. While acquiring a gut buddy is a real possibility whenever you eat something raw, it’s also fairly uncommon and easy to avoid.

The parasite in question, anisakiasis, is a nematode (or worm) larva that attaches to the wall of your esophagus, stomach, or intestine. They live in raw fish and squid, but they rarely cause health problems in humans because they either pass through the intestine without latching on, or they aren’t able to survive in your harsh gut environment. Even if a nematode makes itself at home inside of you, it won’t live longer than 10 days or so. Those 10 days will be very uncomfortable, though. And while it’s true that cases of parasites are on the rise, it’s only because sushi’s popularity continues to skyrocket. The best way to avoid getting them, of course, is to not eat sushi or sashimi, but screw that—it’s delicious. And honestly, you don’t have to worry so much.

ummmm… excuse me?!

i love me some sushi, and while i don’t eat it all the time, i really do get the hankering for sushi quite often… not sure, but probably every other week, at least sort of regularly… though a couple weeks back i just couldn’t seem to get enough of it, and had it probably 3-4 times that week.

anywho, what’s this shit about sushi parasites?!

#WTF  #FeelsBadMan

1 Comment

One Comment

  1. Don’t care. Been eating it for years. Going to continue too.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.